© 2010 • Hillcrest Church of Christ
by Danny Boggs
How much thought have you given to global warming this week? Have you wondered, “Where’s Neosho’s share of it?” While “global warming” was the buzzword over the last few years, the issue has been relabeled “climate crisis” to account for any weather extreme—hot, cold, wet or dry.
How alarmed should we be? Are we destroying life on earth? When we read the Bible carefully, we find these relevant truths…
1. God is involved in the weather (Matt. 5:45; Acts 14:15,17).
2. The earth has already weathered severe climate change (Gen. 7:17-24).
3. God promised environmental stability (Gen. 8:21-22).
4. The earth is in the Lord’s hands (Col. 1:17; Heb. 1:3).
5. The end will come when God says so (Acts 17:30-31).
6. The end will come unexpectedly (1 Thess. 5:2).
7. Humans will be here at the end (1 Thess. 5:3, 4:15).
8. People will be living as usual at the end (Matt. 24:36-39).
9. The earth will burn up—fast (2 Pet. 3:5-18).
10. This world is not our home (2 Cor. 5:1; Heb. 11:10,13-16).
Live responsibly in this world, but “seek the things that are above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth” (Col. 3:2-3).
Ten Bible Truths about the Climate Crisis